Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Lot's of Curve Balls - New Sister Training Leader - Moving to Pleasanton

Hello family!

How are you doing? I hope things are going great for you. Did you enjoy Conference? We did. I really liked the talks by Elder Duncan, Elder Stevenson, Elder Bednar, President Monson, President Uchtdorf, and more! :D It was all just really good! Plus, the women's session talks are on Gospel Library now, so I got to read them this week before General Conference. Anyways, let me tell you about this week. A lot happened! 

On Monday, we had P-day. We had a lot of fun hanging out with the Zone. We then had dinner with the LeprĂȘtres. It was so much fun. Brother LeprĂȘtre asked me to pray again, and I got to do it in French (this time we did speak more English!). I love spending time with them. Brother LeprĂȘtre always encourages me with my French. :) That night, we got to see Betty and read scriptures with her. We read 2 Nephi 25, which was awesome. 

On Tuesday, we had District Meeting. It was good. We then had lunch and did training. This week, we went over Preach My Gospel chapter 5 (The Book of Mormon) and The Gospel of Jesus Christ (lesson 3). She is doing so well with it all! We then went to service at Sunrise and helped out with their social. We then dropped by Tifanie, because we hadn't heard from her very much. We were able to catch her and have a lesson. She is going through a lot right now, poor thing. We taught her The Restoration again (you have to review all the lessons after baptism). We also gave her the information about General Conference. Later that night, we went to dinner with the Spanish missionaries (because no one signed up to feed us). We went to the family that feeds them every Tuesday (I have been there a few times). It was so fun! It was a little bittersweet though because one of the Spanish Elders was pretty sure he was getting transferred so he said goodbye to them. It was a good day. 

On Wednesday, we tried to see Joann, but she wasn't home. So we tried some other people. We then had lunch and did training before going contacting. We didn't go to the horse ranch because we had a lesson with Crystal. She is having a hard time adjusting to having sister missionaries, so we did a combined lesson with her and the elders. It was all right. We all taught The Plan of Salvation. After that, we had dinner. We then went to the church and met with the Bishop and the Relief Society President to go over the ward list and see who we could go visit. It was great. 

On Thursday, we got to see Joann. She is doing better (she was sick last time). We had a lesson with her about missionary work. We then did some visits before going to lunch with the hermanas. We went and got tortas (they are super yummy!). We then went to service at Ivy League. After that, we did some contacting before having dinner with the Makasinis and doing more visits. It was a good night. That night, I called the Nelsons (senior couple from my first area) because I found out that they were going home. I talked to them for a little bit and then when I got off the phone, I realized that we had missed a call from the Coordinating Sister Training Leaders. So, I called them back and they told me that I would be serving as a Sister Training Leader this transfer! I was shocked, but said yes. 

On Friday, I had to go to the leadership meeting in San Jose (for the third time). I went with Sister Iloa, because she got called to be finishing someone's training, and she had to go to the meeting too. It was all right. Like I said, I have been there a few times so the only thing new was the instructions for Sister Training Leaders. We then went back to our areas and our companions. Sister Doig and I then weekly planned and had dinner. We then tried to visit a referral, but she wasn't home, so we did some more visits before calling it a night. It was a busy day. 

On Saturday, we had General Conference. It was super good! We went to watch it at the Stake Center and almost all of the missionaries were there (haha)! We then grabbed lunch and all ate in the gym at the Stake Center before watching the next session. The talks were awesome! We then tried to visit people and went contacting. After that, we had dinner and did training. We were then waiting by the phone to hear from other missionaries who was getting transferred, where they would be, and who they would be with. The Spanish sisters came over and waited with us and we talked. We were having fun listening to other missionaries call and give us the news, when I looked down and saw that the Zone Leaders were calling us! I answered the phone, thinking maybe it was about something other than transfers, when they told me that I was being transferred! I was shocked! They also told Sister Doig that she was going to be with the Palo Alto Sisters (Sister Iloa will be finishing her training)! I didn't sleep well that night, either.

On Sunday, we were back at the Stake Center for Conference. Again, we loved it. After Conference, we had lunch and packed. I also called some of the members of the ward and told them that I was leaving. Some of them wanted to see me before I left, so we visited them the rest of the night. It was soooo sad! I feel like my heart is going to break.

Today has been eventful. President  Mella had a conference call with all the new leaders, so I was on that this morning. We also did our laundry and packed some more. Once we are done here, we are going to do errands, pack more, and be with the zone one last time before people get transferred (there are four of us leaving). We then have dinner and an appointment. 

Love you lots. Have an awesome week. Next time I write you, I will be in my new area!


No comments:

Post a Comment