Thursday, April 9, 2015

Crazy Week

Hi Family!

How are you? *hugs* I hope that Sam told you that I wouldn't be emailing until Tuesday. I don't see any panicked emails in my inbox, so I am hoping that you got the message. We had a Sisters P-day in Santa Cruz, so I was gone most of the day, but we will get to that. It has been a crazy, rollercoaster-like week. Oh, and thank you for the Easter box! I loved it! :)

On Monday (30 March), for FHE, we played pukana. It was so much fun. We were combined with another YSA, so there were a lot of people there. We also got to see the elders and sisters who serve in that YSA. We did an elimination version, and I made it to the final six! By the end of it, though, I almost lost my voice (haha). I didn't have bruises this time though. :) 

On Tuesday, we had service at the Merkley's. They are the ones who live on the mountain and have the ranch. I always get carsick on the ride up there! Anyways, we went up there and painted a fence. They also fed us lunch. It is always a fun service. Now, my paint-stained clothes from last time have more paint-stains! :) We also met with Samantha (a recent convert; she got baptized right before I came into San Jose). It was good to finally meet with her. She is hard to catch because she is a busy, college student and she usually goes to Monterey with a friend for church on Sunday. But, we got her and had a lesson. We also met with Christina (a less-active) and did some service for the Nelsons. All in all, it was a good day. 

On Wednesday, we had some changes. Because there are five of us in our already small apartment, we asked Elder Busk (our housing coordinator) for another bed. We ended up getting a bunkbed. In the livingroom. So, my companions are sleeping on that, and I am sleeping on a bed in the actual bedroom with the other two sisters. It is a little crazy. We also did service for the Nelsons to prepare for Institute dinner, had a lesson with a member of the Branch, and then had dinner with one of Sister Chu Shing's friends. We then came back to Institute and caught Elder Nelson's New Testament class. One of the girls we want to meet with is in that class. Hopefully we can catch her! Oh, and I also got a happiness box from Beth and Todd! Thank you so much for the food and the card!!!! :D 

Sister Tuitupou, Sister Palmer, Sister Chi Shing
On Thursday, we went to the temple. I really really needed it. The Oakland Temple is so beautiful. Some parts of it remind me of the Columbia River Temple too. :) To get to the temple, we had to get a ride with a member, so President Rogers' wife took us. She also let us go to the distribution center so we could pick up some things and we took some pictures at the temple. After we got back, we had a lesson with Milene (one of our investigators). She is having a hard time. We will really start teaching her after her midterms are over this week. We also had Bible Study and then a lesson with Linda. After Linda, we had a lesson with Nathan. Then, we had dinner with one of our members, Cindy. She came to Nathan's lesson and found out that we didn't have a dinner, so she invited us! It was fun. I found out that one of her roommates speaks French (Canadian French) and I was able to chat with her. She said that I was really good! :) It was a great day. 

Friday was mostly good. Sister Chu Shing had a leadership meeting, so it was just Sister Tuitupou and me all morning. We had language study (she learned English in the MTC! I would never have guessed that listening to her speak. She just needs minor corrections and some confidence), did some contacting, service, and weekly planning before Sister Chu Shing was done. When Sister Chu Shing was back we finished our weekly planning and went to dinner with Carmina (a recent convert). I felt sick before dinner, but I didn't want to offend Carmina, so I went ahead and ate. Bad idea. I was sick all night. Needless to say, I went to bed early. 

Saturday, I was still sick but determined to see Conference. So, we went to the Institute and watched Conference. It was so good. It was fun to watch it with the YSA and with other missionaries who came. After the sessions of Conference, we ran some errands and had dinner with Carolyn (a member of the branch). After dinner, we finished our weekly planning...and cleaned up the bathroom because the toilet flooded again. 

Sunday was better. We went to the Institute early to meet with President Rogers and watched Conference. After Conference, I felt really sick and took a nap. We then had an Easter dinner with Colin (a member of the branch). It was so fun. We then came back home to take care of some things. 

What did you guys think of Conference? I loved it. I was going to list all the talks I liked, but then I would have to put everyone's name down. :) One thing that really touched me was someone who said that the Savior stands triumphant over death, but He stands on wounded feet. He reaches out to us, but with pierced hands. I loved that. Yes, the Savior was perfect, but He had to go through all of our imperfections to know what we are going through. If you listen to the Nashville Tribute CD about Joseph Smith, there is a song that talks about it. It says, "How could he know the heartache I feel when he lived a perfect life? ...From the Garden to the Cross, he walked a mile in my shoes."

On Monday, we had a Sisters P-day. This is where a few zones of sisters get together and do something. First, We went to the Stake Center and listened to a couple of speakers who Sister Mella had invited. One was a therapist who talked to us about communication and self-esteem. The other one was one of the mission presidency members' wife, and she talked about one of the talks from the General Women's Meeting. It was nice! After that, we packed lunches and went to Santa Cruz to play on the beach. I was still feeling sick, so I took a nap on the beach. I did get to walk with the other sisters to the lighthouse, and that was fun. When we got home, we had a little bit of time to do P-day errands before the end of the night. After that, we had FHE. For FHE, Sister Chu Shing and Sister Tuitupou taught about happiness and we watched the video about John Tanner. It is so good! They loved it! We then played a game called Zombie Tag. That was entertaining. 

Well, that is about all for here. Today has been teaching and finishing P-day errands. Tonight, we have dinner with Linda and the elders. Hopefully, I can eat at least some of it. I hope you guys have a great one!



Oakland California Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment