Thursday, May 19, 2016

How is it May?!

Hi Family!

How are you? I hope you are doing well! We had a great week, and we went to Santa Cruz today. We caught the bus in San Jose, so I got to visit two of my old areas today! It was awesome! Oh, before I forget,
thank you for all the kind birthday wishes! I loved it! Anyways, let
me tell you about our week. It was a good one!

Last Monday, for Pday, one of the zones near us invited us to go
bowling with them. By he time Sister Harvey and I got there, they were
all done. So, we went to a park and played frisbee. It was windy, so
we ran around and laughed at ourselves trying to catch the frisbee (my
height doesn't help either!). After that, we had dinner and then FHE
at the Stake President's house. They invited Piyush and we invited
Abisheck. Piyush couldn't make it, but Abisheck did. It was great. We
have an awesome Stake President here. That night, we went to fill up
our car with gas and we had a great conversation with a guy named Jo.
We invited him to church, too (I don't remember seeing him yesterday
though).

On Tuesday, we did service at the kitchen again. We then had lunch and
went to an appointment with some kids. We taught them about Family
History. Sister Harvey found some famous people she is related to on
relativefinder.org and so we were able to keep the kids entertained.
:) Later that afternoon, we went to see a less active woman named
Sister Carter. She is awesome! She plays piano and she was an opera
singer. She knows lots of import ant people in the music world! We
asked her to play for us and she did. When she sat at the bench, she
said, "Do either of you like Bring Him Home from Les Mis?" I told her
that I did and she played it for us! I was having a rough time during
that day, and as she played it was like Heavenly Father was saying
that it would all be okay. I totally cried. After that, we visited he
Havards (French family I met my first day here) and helped them start
a family mission plan. Sister Harvey had me explain it in French (even
through their English is fine). I feel like I did okay. I need to hit
the French books hard when I get home! After that, we had dinner and
dropped by other families to help them with a family mission plan too.
Hopefully we can find some more people to teach!

On Wednesday, we had service at the kitchen again. It was fun. :) We
then had lunch and district meeting. In district meeting, we talked
about making sure our investigators understand the importance of the
Book of Mormon. We then hart attacked a less active who we visit. We
then checked on another less active who is moving. We then had dinner
and met with Brittany and had a great lesson with her. We then met
with a family. After that, we tried to visit some more people. It was
a good day.

On Thursday, we had an appointment with Dominique. We had a great
lesson about The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We then had lunch and did our
weekly planning. After that, we had dinner ad then a lesson with the a
family. We taught the Allan of Salvation. After that, we had a lesson
a part member family. We taught them about tithing and fasting. That
night, we had splits, but only one ward missionary could come so we
were a trio. We went to a family's home and did FHE. It was fun. :)

On Friday, I hit 18 months. Holy cow! In the morning, we finished
weekly planning and then went to visit someone. We then he lunch and
tried to visit people. We visited a woman who loves her family history
and that was super fun. We also visited another family and helped them
start a family mission plan. We also dropped by the Wendletons. We are
going to push back the baptismal date for a few weeks from now. We
then went and helped set up for the ward Cinco de Mayo party. We also
thought there would be badminton that night, so we went for part the
party and part of badminton. It was fun. We also got sent home with a
ton of taco leftovers! Yum!

On Saturday, we helped out with the special olympics at a nearby high
school. It was so much fun! Sister Harvey and I helped with the
awards. We loved it. We then met up with the sisters in the zone next
door and did exchanges. They were in a trio, and I was with two while
Sister Harvey was with the other one. The five of us had lunch and
then we split up. The sisters with me went to see Amity, but she
wasn't home. We then went to a really awesome dinner appointment.
Later that night, we met at the church and exchanged back. It was fun.
All in all, a great day.

On Sunday, Sister Harvey surprised me with a birthday present. I loved
it! We then had church, and Sister Harvey and I taught Sharing Time.
We taught the kids and got them excited to do their family history! We
also taught Gospel Principles in our other ward. It was about the
Priesthood. After that, we went to our YSA for Break the Fast. We then
went to our dinner and then to help out at the Crystal Apple Awards.
Basically, they are these awards that some students do to honor their
teachers. I thought it was so cool! Afterwards, we went around and
congratulated the teachers. We then went home. It was a good day.

Today has been good. Like I said, we were in Santa Cruz. It was so
much fun! We went to the wharf, had lunch, and played on the beach.
Now, we are headed back home. Tonight we have dinner and then we have
something with our YSA. Should be fun. :) Have a great week. Love you,
and can't wait to see you on Mother's Day!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment