Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Last Night in the MTC

We got a letter today too.  Here's what she had to say.

Today is my last night in the MTC.  I'm sitting in my classroom as I write this to you.  We have to be at the Travel Office at 3:35 am, but we still have to stay up until 10:30.  Hopefully they are used to very tired greenies!

To answer some of your questions (sorry, most of your letters are in my residence, so I have to do this from memory.)  No I was not a host.  The hosts welcome you as soon as you arrive at the MTC.  The Zone leaders and Sister Training Leaders come later that night and take the new district on a tour.  That's what we did.  As for your question about Elder Ramirez, yes I know him!  He is in my district.  Since you're talking with all these moms here is a list of our district (except for the missionary who left us) Elder Twitchell, Elder Ramirez, Elder Chamberlain, Sister Pattison, Sister Bullcreek, Sister Lytle, and me.

I need to tell you about our investigators.  Two of them were our teachers and one was through the TRC.  I won't tell you which is which of if the TRC person was a member or not because when we were teaching we didn't think of that.  Plus the investigators portrayed are based on people our teachers met on their missions.  Our first investigator is Cyndi.  We taught her the first three lessons and part of the fourth.  She really wants to be baptized!  We are sad to not be teaching her anymore.  Our second investigator is Kitty.  She's our Buddhist friend who I told you about.  We were able to teach her about the Restoration and she was so receptive!  We had to go slower with her considering her back ground.  Our third investigator is Don.  He's from a part member family so he's very interesting.  We were able to teach him the first two lessons.  I'm sad to leave all three of them.

This last week at the MTC, I had a cold.  It was pretty bad, and got to the point where Sister Lytle dragged me to the clinic.  They had a "cold clinic" where they give you a sheet of paper with a list of medications and suggestions to keep you healthy.  The best part?  It's free!  Sister Lytle and I bought me some better medications and I'm finally feeling better.  I've seen some people I know at the MTC.  I've seen Elder Stallings, Elder Bouche, and Sister Kline.  I also saw a girl who took Mission Prep with me at BYU Idaho.

Being here at the MTC has been an amazing experience.  I have only been here for two weeks and yet my confidence has grown.  I am definitely nervous to  go to San Jose and sad to say goodbye to Sister Lytle, but I know that I am supposed to be here and I want to do the Lord's work!

Love , Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment